- Makes 1
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This Classic Cinnamon Tea Cake is perfect for when you have guests popping in for afternoon tea, this simple but classic Cinnamon tea cake is light and delicious!
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 180g Butter, cubed at room temp
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups SR flour
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 TBS Caster sugar extra
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon extra
- 1 TBS Melted butter
- Before you start mixing up your Cinnamon Tea Cake, preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20cm-round cake pan with baking paper. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Sift flours and cinnamon together. Fold in alternately with milk in 2 batches.
- Spoon into pan and smooth surface. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool your Cinnamon Tea Cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Carefully turn out onto a wire rack. Mix extra sugar, cinnamon and melted butter together. Pour over cake and set aside to cool. Serve.
If you've tried this Classic Cinnamon Tea Cake Recipe, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Otherwise, if you have a variation on this recipe (or a suggestion to make it even better), let us know that too.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.