This recipe for Coconut Blondies is quite simple, very quick and to be honest … you’ll be trying to dive into the oven to eat them they smell so good when they’re cooking. Once they’re out, hold everyone back. Our first batch of Coconut Blondies lasted about 2 minutes!
Ingredients (makes 15 Blondies)
- 1 cup White Chocolate Melts
- 1/2 cup Good Quality Butter
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Shaved Coconut
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten together with a fork
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chunks
- 1/4 cup Shaved Coconut (to go on top of the Blondies)
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, melt together the 1 cup White Chocolate Melts and the butter. Ensure you stir regularly to ensure no sticking or lumps. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While the white chocolate and butter are melting (keeping an eye on them) combine all other ingredients except the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the white chocolate/butter mixture and the eggs. Mix together with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Line a square cake tin or medium baking dish (about 5cm deep) with baking paper and pour in the blondie mixture. You may need to press the mixture out to get an even layer of dough.
- Bake in a fairly low oven (160 degrees fan forced) for 20 minutes. After this, remove and sprinkle 1/4 cup shaved Coconut on top. Return to oven for a further 10 - 15 minutes checking to ensure coconut does not burn. If it does start to brown too quickly, move the blondies down in the oven or cover with foil.
- Allow to cool in the tray, cut into squares and serve. This will keep at room temperature (if it lasts that long) for 1 - 2 days. Any longer and you should refrigerate.