- Makes 60
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
A delicious treat that is loved by the young and young at heart. Great for gifts or on the Christmas Table between meals.
Hint: Santa loves a few of these in place of the usual cookies at times.
Ingredients (makes 60 )
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 21/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 egg white
- 60g copha
- 1 teasp vanilla essence
- pink food colouring or blue food colouring (optional)
- 1 block of good quality white chocolate, melted
- blue decorating sugar, blue and white stars, blue and white pearls, silver pearls (decoration)
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl, add the coconut and gently mix to combine.
- Melt copha and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg white lightly, and add the egg and condensed milk to the dry ingredients. Then add your copha and vanilla essence.
- Mix until well combined into a firm, moist consistency. Divide the mixture in half, and colour one batch pink or blue with your food colouring or omit colouring if desired.
- Press the white mixture into the bottom of a baking paper lined tin. Smooth out with the back of a spoon, and then gently press the pink or blue layer over the top. (If all white ice is desired pour all mixture into tin and smooth and level well.) Smooth and press in well with your spoon and then refrigerate until set (about 2 hours). Remove from tin and cut into tiny petite pieces.
- Coat each tiny piece of coconut ice in the melted white chocolate and decorate with desired edible decoration. (for the frosty effect) and place onto a plate to set. Refrigerate as our climate is not as cool as penguins.
- Note : I found it easier to coat and decorate in batches starting with the pearls and ending with the decorating sugar. And yes I found fingers the best tool to use to pick up and coat the coconut ice. But do please remember hygiene and if you do give this recipe a go and have a better tip, I would love to hear from you.
- Do hope you enjoy my frosty twist for a white CHRISTMAS.
An easy recipe to whip up but don't forget the cooling time. From my home to yours, from my family to yours we send love and Blessings at this magical special time of year.