- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
This beautiful corn and zucchini fritter recipe has kindly been supplied by Miguel Maestre.
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 bunch chives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk, plus extra
- 2 eggs
- 2 corn cobs
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 block haloumi, thickly sliced
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Chutney, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Notes... Equipment: large bowl, small bowl, whisk, mandolin, medium frying pan, serving plate
- To make the batter, place the flour and parmesan in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well with clean hands.
- Add the chives, combine the milk and eggs in a small bowl and whisk, pour into the flour mixture gradually and mix to make a thick batter the consistency of creamy mash, add extra milk if needed.
- Grate the corn into the bowl and mix well, discard the husks.
- Using a mandolin, finely cut the zucchinis into thin strips.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over a medium heat.
- Take a small handful of the zucchini, using 2 spoons place into the batter and coat, place in the frying pan cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden, turn and cook a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through, cook in batches and repeat with remaining zucchini and batter.
- Place the haloumi slices into the frying pan, cook 1 minute or until golden, turn and cook a further minute.
- Spoon chutney onto a plate, top with a little rocket, top with a fritter, another slice of haloumi, top with another fritter with a lemon wedge on the side to serve.
Recipe Corn and zucchini fritters by Miguel Maestre
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.