- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
This beautiful corn and zucchini fritter recipe has kindly been supplied by Miguel Maestre.
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 bunch chives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk, plus extra
- 2 eggs
- 2 corn cobs
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 block haloumi, thickly sliced
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Chutney, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Notes... Equipment: large bowl, small bowl, whisk, mandolin, medium frying pan, serving plate
- To make the batter, place the flour and parmesan in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well with clean hands.
- Add the chives, combine the milk and eggs in a small bowl and whisk, pour into the flour mixture gradually and mix to make a thick batter the consistency of creamy mash, add extra milk if needed.
- Grate the corn into the bowl and mix well, discard the husks.
- Using a mandolin, finely cut the zucchinis into thin strips.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over a medium heat.
- Take a small handful of the zucchini, using 2 spoons place into the batter and coat, place in the frying pan cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden, turn and cook a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through, cook in batches and repeat with remaining zucchini and batter.
- Place the haloumi slices into the frying pan, cook 1 minute or until golden, turn and cook a further minute.
- Spoon chutney onto a plate, top with a little rocket, top with a fritter, another slice of haloumi, top with another fritter with a lemon wedge on the side to serve.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.