- Serves 8
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A creamy coconut pumpkin soup to warm the insides for those cold winter nights.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Brown onion (chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1.5kg Mix of butternut pumpkin & Kent pumpkin (chopped into 2cm pieces)
- 1 Sweet potato (peeled & chopped into 2cm pieces)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 2 Tsp Ground turmeric
- 1-2 pinches Salt
- 400ml Can of Lite Coconut Milk
- 1dollop of yoghurt per bowl (for serving if desired)
- 1 pinch of chives or parsley For serving if desired
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato & carrot. Stir every now and again on a low-medium temperature for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a slow boil. Once it's started to boil, simmer uncovered until carrot has softened.
- Add turmeric and salt and stir through.
- Turn off and remove pot from the heat. Stir through a can of Lite good quality coconut milk.
- Once cooled slightly, blitz with a handheld mixer.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and top with some chives/parsley if desired.