- Difficulty Easy
Trying to get the kids to eat their vegetables harder than it needs to be? This easy and delicious creamy salmon pasta – it could work wonders for you!
- 300g Salmon Fillets ( no skin)
- 1 Large zucchini (grated)
- 100g baby spinach (wash and drained)
- 1-2 large broccoli stems
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 300g wholemeal pasta
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 600ml reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as per instructions and set aside
- Whisk flour and milk together in a jug and set aside
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat, begin to cook salmon fillets. As fillets begin to cook gently use a spatula to flake the salmon apart. Continue doing this unot the fillet is completely cooked and flaked into bite size pieces.
- Add to the pan peas, broccoli stems, zucchini and squeeze over lemon juice. fold vegetales through until the spinach is wilted (about 4 mins). Once vegetables are cooked, turn the heat down and pour in milk and flour
- Gently stir the milk through and continue to keep it moving for several minutes until it thickens, this will only take a few minutes
- Add pasta through until it is well coated. Turn off the heat and add parmesan, pepper and parsley. Serve immediately.