Cheap, yummy and very filling dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 Mains)
- Half a packet Penee pasta
- 2tbs Butter
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (depending on your taste) can also use the jar or already minced garlic this is what I used
- 300ml Cream
- 1/4tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Small packet parmasean cheese
- 2tbs Tomato paste
- 1 can Tomato puree
- Boil a large salted pot of water once boiling add your pasta and cook it al dente according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking add the butter to a small fry pan or small pot over medium-high heat. Once it melts, add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, cream, and Italian seasoning. Stir until it's nice and smooth. Let the sauce cook for about 5 minutes or until it's thickened to your liking (it should be very gently bubbling, so you may need to turn down the heat).
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce (add a splash of hot pasta water if the sauce gets too thick). Serve immediately with plenty of parmesan cheese over top.
My daughters loved this and they are very fussy. This recipe makes plenty, we always have leftovers.