- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This Crispy Onion and Hot Smoked Salmon Pasta Recipe is a super quick idea for a pasta meal … the flavour of the Hot Smoked Salmon means you hardly need to add a thing and the crispy onion sprinkle adds a whole new dimension.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Shell Pasta (dried pasta not fresh)
- 200g Fillet of Hot Smoked Salmon (available in a fully sealed pack in supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Spreadable Goats Cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Good quality Butter
- Handful Fresh Snow Peas, strings removed
- 1/2 punnet Cherry or Solanto (Baby Egg) Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tsps Cornflour
Notes... I like to always keep a piece of Hot Smoked Salmon in the fridge - it's just so versatile! Use it on a cheese platter, on little blinis with cream cheese & chives as finger food, add it to a salad or as in this recipe, make it the leading flavour in a creamy pasta dish.
- In a very large saucepan or stock pot, fill with water, add a good pinch of sea salt and then bring to the boil. Add the packet of shell pasta and cook until just al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the Sour Cream, Goats Cheese, Milk and good quality Butter to a small saucepan and then a small pinch of sea salt. Start to heat this over a medium temperature on the stove. While this is heating to just before boiling, put 2 tbsp of water into a glass and then add the 2 tsps of Cornflour. Stir the cornflour in until there are no lumps at all.
- Continue cooking the cream sauce stirring often to ensure no sticking to the saucepan base. Once cooked, cover with a lid to avoid a skin forming on top of the sauce.
- Once the cream sauce is cooked, prep all other ingredients - remove strings from Snow Peas, cut Baby Tomatoes in half, slice the Red Onion.
- Just before the pasta is finished drop the snow peas and onion into the boiling water with the pasta for no more than 1 minute. Once the pasta is just al dente, remove from heat and drain (no need to rinse).
- Pour the pasta and veges into a large mixing bowl and then add the cream sauce, the Hot Smoked Salmon and the cherry tomatoes.
- Gently stir together and serve immediately. Sprinkle generously with crispy onion sprinkles (store bought or you could make your own by shallow frying until very golden brown small onion pieces).
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.