- Serves 4
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Crispy Pork Belly is always a succulent dish but this one with the added flavours of Rosemary and Thyme tastes amazing.
The process MoM Member Rebecca uses to prepare her pork belly really does ensure a beautifully crispy pork belly!
Serve your crispy pork belly with a pile of Honey Roasted Root Vegetables (you might as well fill up the oven while you have it on), a Green Rice Pilaf or you might prefer a lovely light coleslaw like this Sesame Apple Slaw.
This crispy pork belly would also be delicious with a big dollop of Tomato Relish!
Or you might choose to just eat it on a fresh white bread roll with a lovely big serve of apple sauce.
Whichever way you choose to serve, we bet there’s not a speck left after dinner!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 kg Pork Belly
- Bunch Rosemary
- Bunch Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Robusto Bold Taste
- 1 Tbsp Flaked salt
- Pinch Cracked Pepper
- Remove the pork from the packaging and pat dry with paper towel. With a small sharp knife, deeply score the rind, being careful to not cut into the meat.
- Gently crush (tap with the handle of a large knife or a rolling pin) the herbs and then place half the herbs on a tray then lay the pork onto the herbs. Then lay the rest of the herbs on the top of the pork and cover with paper towel. Weigh down with something heavy and allow to sit for at least a half hour.
- If time allows, leave the roast uncovered in the fridge overnight. This further dries the rind and can help the crackling process.
- When ready to cook, place the pork on a wire rack in the sink (remove the herbs) and pour a jug of boiling water over the rind. Pat really dry with some paper towel.
- It is now time to rub the roast with the olive oil and the flaked salt and add more salt if you like salty crackling too.
- Lay the pork on top of your herbs again in a baking tray. Cook at 240°C - max 250°C conventional and cook until the rind crackles - up to about 50 minutes. It made need a little more time after this - just keep an eye on the crackling to ensure no burning.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C and cook for a further 25 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, let the pork belly rest for around 10 mins before slicing. Serve with apple sauce, rich gravy, roasted potatoes and greens. Enjoy!
We used Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Robusto Bold Taste in this recipe and couldn't be more excited about the flavour this oil brings to the recipe. Bertolli is the world’s no. 1 olive oil brand. Bertolli Organic is a range of extra virgin olive oils from organically grown olives. There are three flavour intensities so you can enjoy extra virgin with any dish; Gentile with a mellow, rounded flavour that goes well with white fish and other light flavours, Fruity with a fruity note that works well in dressings, marinades or for bread dipping and Robusto which pairs well with red meat or when roasting or BBQing. Bertolli Organic extra virgin olive oil contains just crushed olives, nothing else. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants. The Bertolli Organic range carry the Australian Certified Organic logo. Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Robusto Bold Taste is available at Woolworths and selected IGA stores nationally.