This Crispy Potato, Prawn and Mango Salad is everything we love about Aussie Summer in a dish.
Trays of juicy sweet mangoes, peeling crunchy prawns to devour over a festive lunch and indulging on a few too many crispy potatoes – isn’t this what Christmas in Australia is all about?
This recipe gives us all of the quintessential Aussie Summer feels, so why not whip it up to enjoy for all of your Christmas gatherings.
What really makes this salad sing is a good drizzle of the Paul Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing.
Paul Newman’s Own makes great tasting products using high quality ingredients. Sporting new look packaging, Paul Newman’s Own products are manufactured in Australia, and 2023 marks the 40th anniversary of the product being sold in Australia.
What we love about Paul Newman’s Own is that they make Radically Good Food and Do Radically Good by giving away 100% of their Profits.
The Newman’s Own Foundation nourishes and transforms the lives of children who face adversity, with 100% of Profits used to Help Kids. This year they are helping Aussie kids who face serious illness experience the fun and freedom of camp.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Paul Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing
- 12 raw prawns
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp sweet paprika
- 0.5 tsp dry parsley
- 0.5 tsp butter
- 1 large potato
- 80g rucola salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 fresh mango
- Place prawns with garlic powder, sweet paprika, and dry parsley in a bowl and stir to coat the prawns.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter and cook the prawns on each side for about 2 minutes. Remove the prawns from the pan and set aside.
- Peel the potato and cut it into small, even cubes. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt over them. Stir to combine.
- Place the potatoes in an air fryer at 170 degrees for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the mango into small wedges.
- Place arugula on a serving plate. Once the potatoes are ready, add them to the salad. Spread the prawns on top and add the mango wedges.
- Finally, dress with a generous drizzle of Paul Newman's Own Ranch Dressing.