Curried Sausages … ALWAYS a favourite no matter the season and a brilliant way to add in a load of extra vegies!
One of our MoM Members, Melissa, asked us to whip up some Curried Sausages on our DINNER LIVE WITH MOM.
We decided to introduce puff pastry into the recipe (because at the time we didn’t have any potatoes to serve alongside.
Our recipe worked a treat so here it is. We’d love to hear how you went with your Curried Sausages in the comments below xx
In case you missed it on MoM Cook Club LIVE on Facebook, here’s the video:
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 8 Sausages (chicken or beef)
- 1/4 Cauliflower
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 400mL Can of Roast Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/2 Red Capsicum
- 4 sheets Puff Pastry
- 1 cup Frozen Baby Peas
- 1/4 cup Yellow Curry Paste (or 2 tablespoons Curry Powder)
- Fully cook the sausages and then slice into 1/2 cm strips or chunks.
- While the sausages are cooking, finely slice the carrot and capsicum and chop the cauliflower into small chunks.
- Mix together the soup, cream and curry paste or powder.
- Combine the cut up sausages, veges and curry sauce into an ovenproof baking dish and mix well.
- Cut the puff pastry either into small squares (about 5cm x 5cm) or use a cookie cutter if you'd like some shapes. I used an egg ring to give me round shapes.
- Run a small knob of butter around the top edge of the baking dish and then lay the puff pastry shapes across the top of the entire dish - overlap each piece of pastry just slightly.
- Brush the top of the pastry with a little beaten up egg (yolk + white) and sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds (or chia seeds if you like).
- Cook on the middle tray of a moderate oven (170 - 180C). Check every 10 - 15 minutes and rotate to ensure the pastry cooks evenly.
- Serve with more peas, beans or other greens or a fresh side salad.