This Dairy Free Lemon and Coconut Slice isn’t overly sweet, but it has a nice balance of creaminess and richness from the coconut icing and a nice tang from the lemon.
Ingredients (makes 1 Slice)
- 1 1/3 cups Gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup Light olive oil
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1 Lemon rind, finely grated plus extra zest to serve
- COCONUT ICING
- 400ml can coconut cream, placed in fridge overnight (use one that has no additives)
- 2 TBS Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a square 20cm baking pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Whisk together the flour, almond meal, and coconut in a large bowl. Add the oil, syrup and zest. Use a large metal spoon to mix until combined. Press into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside for 30 minutes or until cooled completely.
- Scoop the solid part from the coconut cream (it will be a bit over half the can) and transfer to a bowl. Discard the coconut water left in the can. Add the maple syrup.
- Use electric beaters or a stick blender to whip the cream until smooth. Pour over the prepared base. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the icing has set.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve. Keep in the fridge
Store in the fridge