- Makes 1
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This Dairy Free Lemon and Coconut Slice isn’t overly sweet, but it has a nice balance of creaminess and richness from the coconut icing and a nice tang from the lemon.
Ingredients (makes 1 Slice)
- 1 1/3 cups Gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup Light olive oil
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1 Lemon rind, finely grated plus extra zest to serve
- COCONUT ICING
- 400ml can coconut cream, placed in fridge overnight (use one that has no additives)
- 2 TBS Maple syrup
Notes... Store in the fridge
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a square 20cm baking pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Whisk together the flour, almond meal, and coconut in a large bowl. Add the oil, syrup and zest. Use a large metal spoon to mix until combined. Press into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside for 30 minutes or until cooled completely.
- Scoop the solid part from the coconut cream (it will be a bit over half the can) and transfer to a bowl. Discard the coconut water left in the can. Add the maple syrup.
- Use electric beaters or a stick blender to whip the cream until smooth. Pour over the prepared base. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the icing has set.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve. Keep in the fridge
Recipe Dairy Free Lemon and Coconut Slice
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.