- Serves 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
If you’re looking for a special desert that you can have hot or cold, this delicious Milk Tart is just the thing. Simple to make and beautifully simple to enjoy.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 125g Soft butter - for pastry
- 50ml Castor sugar - for pastry
- 1 Egg - for pastry
- 500ml Cake flour - for pastry
- Pinch Salt- for pastry
- 625 ml Milk
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 60ml Flour
- 75ml Sugar
- 25ml Butter
- 3 Eggs separated
- 2ml Vanilla
- Ground Cinnamon and sugar
- To make pastry, cream the 125g soft butter and 50ml castor sugar. Beat in 1 egg, sift in 500ml cake flour and salt. Form a ball and chill while making the filling.
- Using heavy based saucepan, scald 500ml milk and cinnamon stick. Mix flour, sugar to paste with remaining 125ml milk. Stir in the hot milk then return to saucepan and cook until thick, stirring and keeping heat low to prevent scorching. When thick and smooth remove and add butter, cool. Remove cinnamon stick and then beat in yolks, one at a time using a wooden spoon. Add vanilla. Whisk egg whites and fold in.
- Press chilled dough evenly into 23cm pie dish. Cover base with circle of grease-proof paper and weight with dried beans. Bake at 180 degrees for 10 mins. Remove paper and beans and bake 5 mins more. Pour in filling and bake for 20 to 25 mins until set.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.