- Serves 20
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
This is such a fun recipe for the kids at Easter. They also love to have their hand in decorating.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 75g butter
- 6 Tbs golden syrup
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 330g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tbs milk
- Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and allspice into the butter mixture.
- In a large bowl mix together the plain flour and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the butter-spice mixture and milk to the flour and knead until dough is smooth.
- Cut with bunny shaped cutter and place on greased oven trays and bake in oven 180 degrees for approx 12 mins.
- Once cool completely decorate with royal icing and mini chocolate bunties or choc chips for eyes and larger brown bunties or choc chips/melts for a nose.
If you use an egg shaped cutter this is more simpler for young children to help decorate as they can decorate in any was they like and it will always look good.