- Serves 4
- 180 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 17 Ingredients
This lasagna has a few steps, but it is worth doing. The ingredients actually fed my family of 4 with leftovers for another meal. This recipe is suitable to freeze.
Although in this recipe I did not put any extra vegies, I have made it adding carrots, celery, zucchini, mushrooms basically any vegies you can think of! Just add them to the sauce or even grill/sauté and add them on top of the lasagna sheets.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- FOR THE PASTA
- 600 grams lasagne sheets (made with the Phillips Pasta and Noodle Maker)
- FOR THE BOLOGNESE SAUCE
- 500 grams beef mince
- 720ml passata sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs - (parsley, oregano, basil)
- tbsp red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE BECHAMEL SAUCE
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 500 ml milk
- 1/2 Cup tasty cheese
- Extra tasty cheese to add to the layers of lasagne.
- BOLOGNESE SAUCE
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until lightly brown.
- Add the mince to the pan and sauté until nice and brown.
- Add some red wine and allow to cook off a little.
- Add the passata sauce and herbs and allow to cook for at least 30 mins Don't forget to season with salt and pepper.
- BECHAMEL SAUCE
- Melt the butter in a pot. As it melts add the flour and stir it in well so that the butter absorbs all the flour.
- Lower the heat a little and pour in the milk slowly, stirring as you pour to avoid any lumps. Try not to let the sauce boil at this point.
- Add the tasty cheese and stir to well combined, put to the side to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Par cook the lasagna sheets in boiling salty water for about 5 minutes. Drain well before you assemble the lasagna.
- Assemble the lasagna. In an oven proof tray put a heaped spoonful of the Bolognese sauce on the bottom, make sure it covers the base of the tray. Cover with the lasagna sheets. Add more of the meat sauce, followed by grated tasty cheese and then the béchamel sauce. Repeat all of these layers. Cover with baking paper and the foil over the top.
- Bake in a warm to hot oven for about 45 mins or until the top is raised and browned.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.