As we bid farewell to summerand winter blues make their way towards you, lighten up your day with this easy,tangy lemon tart recipe. Summers might be going away but the lemons aren’t.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 15 )
- 100g or 1/2 cup Butter
- 100g or 1/2 cup Sugar
- 150 g or 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Lemon Curd Filling
- 100g (1/2 cup) Sugar
- 100g (around 6) Egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Yellow colour - as required
- Tart Base - Combine butter and sugar until throughly mixed with the help of a hand beater/ whisk. - Slowly add in vanilla and condensed milk while whisking - Once all the ingredients are combined add flour
- - Mix in flour with help of a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to come together - Knead it with soft hands to make into a soft ball - Sprinkle your counter with flour for easy dough rolling - Roll the dough into 1/8 of an inch thickness or as desired - With the help of circle cutter,cut the dough into circles Assemble the tart tray with the cut out circles - Bake the tarts for 12-15 minutes at 170C / 370F Or until golden brown
- Lemon Curd Filling - add in all ingredients listed above in a non stick pan - On low heat cook the ingredients for 10-12 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken - Stop cooking when the mixture is thick and shiny - Transfer the filling into a bowl and cover it with cling film/plastic wrap - Cool for 2 hours
- Assemble - Fill in your cooled tarts with the cooled tangy lemon curd filling - Decorate it as desired - Enjoy!!