- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 2 Ingredients
Who doesn’t love Vanilla Slice? But it all seems like too much hassle – especially during the busy festive season.
But wait….a clever mum has come up with a genius vanilla slice hack – only two el-cheapo ingredients and you have a dessert that everyone will yum up in minutes. It’s the perfect last-minute addition to your Christmas table.
Trust us – we’ve already whipped this up, it only took a few minutes and it was delicious. I reckon this will be my go-to Vanilla slice recipe from now on.
The clever creator of this recipe, Linda, shared her recipe on the Christmas Mums facebook group and received lots of appreciation for her effortless idea.
The mum used only two ingredients for the treat – frozen, ready-made puff pastry and a Vanilla flavoured dessert mix (she used the Aeroplane brand, available in a box in most supermarkets). However, Linda adds that you will need 300ml of milk and 600ml thickened cream for the Dessert Mix.
“Made Christmas Tree Vanilla Slice today…so delicious. Lost count how many I ate,” Linda said.
“I used Aeroplane Dessert Mix and puff pastry. I’ll be adding this to my dessert platter on Christmas Day. So easy to make.”
Linda shared that since it was so close to Christmas, she decided to give the classic dessert a festive twist. She simply cut the pastry using a tree-shaped cookie cutter and then placed them in the oven and baked them until golden brown.
Next step was to prepare the vanilla dessert, following the packet instructions. To put it all together, she simply scooped the custard onto the pastry tree and sandwiched the custard with another pastry tree on top.
And that’s all there is to it! So yum and so easy!
Ingredients (makes 12 Trees)
- 2 or 3 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 Box Vanilla dessert box (Aeroplane brand or similar) - You will also need 300ml of milk and 600ml thickened cream for the dessert mix
Notes... Image Via: facebook/ChristmasMuMs
- Use a tree cookie cutter, to cut tree shapes from the Puff Pastry sheet. You will need at least 24 trees to make 12 Christmas vanilla slices.
- Place the pastry trees on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown (oven temperature 180 degrees)
- Remove pastry from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the vanilla dessert as per the packet instructions.
- Place a few spoonfuls of the vanilla dessert on top of a tree pastry and smooth out.
- Add another tree pastry on top. Repeat for the rest of the pastry trees.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.