- Makes 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Breakfast all neatly presented in these little Egg and Bacon Toasty Tarts! So easy to make, the kids will love to help make these so mum can enjoy Mother’s Day breakfast in bed!
Ingredients (makes 6 Tarts)
- 6 pieces White bread, crust removed
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Ham, chopped finely
- Chives, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
Notes... These Egg and Bacon Toasty Tarts are a great way to use up 'less than fresh' bread and are delicious served with some relish or hot sauce. They are also great cold, so good to make ahead for picnics or school lunches.
- Line each hole in a 6 space muffin tin with baking paper. I just make a overlapping cross shape in each one as this helps to be able to remove the tarts easily when cooked
- Carefully push a piece of bread into each one, and press in the base and the sides so it becomes the shape of the hole.
- Carefully crack an egg into each one. Top with salt & pepper, ham and chives. then place into a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for around 20 minutes or until the egg has set and the edges are golden brown
- Carefully remove the tarts from the tin by pulling them out using the baking paper, and serve immediately while hot/warm
Recipe Egg and Bacon Toasty Tarts
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.