- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
So easy, quick and most important it’s delicious. Serve with salad and garlic bread for a complete meal. I’ve also added cooked pasta to parmigiana sauce for added bulk and a more complete meal in one pot.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 eggplant Cut into 1cm slices
- I brown onion Diced
- 1 tsp garlic Crushed
- 1 cup cheese Grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan Grated
- Salt and pepper For seasoning
- 6 Tblsps Olive oil
- Heat 1 Tblsp oil in pan. Add onion, sweat off til softened. Add garlic, fry 1 minute. Add tin of tomatoes and heat. Simmer gently 10 mins. Remove from heat
- Heat 2 Tblsps oil in pan. Toss eggplant slices in seasoned flour. Shake off excess and fry til golden. There's a couple of batches to fry, add more oil as needed.
- Layer eggplant, tomato mix and cheeses til all used up. Finish with sauce and grated cheese on top. Cook in oven, 200*C, for 20 to 30 minutes until golden on top. Serve