One of the beauties of doing a big weekly Fruit and Vegetable shop is that as the end of the week draws to a close, all your favourites are eaten and you are left with vegetables you might have purchased on a whim, or had no specific plans for. I have been thinking about this Fennel for a day or two and wanted to try something different.
So I looked up Pinterest to find some inspiration – the first picture that popped up was a Fennel, Celery and Apple Salad.
That caught my eye and the combination sounded lovely, so I thought I would try those three ingredients with one of my favourite salad dressings. All three ingredients are such clean, crisp flavours and the Flax Oil dressing has a lovely creaminess to it. The blend of salad and dressing was amazing. I was actually thinking the quantity would be enough for me to have for lunch tomorrow but I could not stop – I ate the lot. This salad was truly delicious and as I was eating it I was thinking that it would be a perfect salad for the Christmas table.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 bulb Fennel - trim stalks and cut base off
- 4 Sticks Celery
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 8 Tablespoons Flax Seed Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Julienne all vegetables and put them in the bowl.
- Blend all ingredients with a hand held mixer. Pour over the dressing and combine well.