- Serves 12
- 1.10 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
So you’ve looked in the pantry, and discovered you have no flour… can you even make a cake without flour? Sure you can! This is a quick and easy no-mix and flourless chocolate cake that the whole family will love. This original recipe from one of our Mouths of Mums members uses a food processor to save time and cut down on washing up. So what’s the secret to avoiding flour in a chocolate cake?
Using almond meal instead of flour in your flourless chocolate cake
… it’s almond meal!
We love almonds so much, here’s something else you can do with these superfood nuts.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 250g Dark chocolate
- 250g Almond meal
- 250g Sugar
- 150g room temperature butter
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
Notes... Can add 2 - 3 tablespoons of liquor like frangelico or amaretto
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Line an 8 inch cake tin with baking paper
- Put dark chocolate into food processor and blend for 10 to 15 seconds and blend until finely grated. Set aside with almond meal
- Add all other remaining ingredients into food processor and blend for 20 seconds.
- Add chocolate and almond mixture and blend for 30 seconds. Do not over mix
- Scrape down and put mixture into lined tin with baking paper.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour at 180 degrees.
- When cool, remove from tin and dust with sifted icing sugar and add chopped strawberries if desired.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.