- Makes 15
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Use our basic biscuit recipe to create these Flower Cookies which are a bright and cheerful treat and are bound to make your child smile when they open up their lunchbox!
Ingredients (makes 15 cookies)
- 455g Plain flour
- 1 level tsp Baking powder
- 4oz Butter
- 4oz sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 15 Freckle lollies
Notes... These biscuits will store in an airtight container for up to two weeks - but I bet you they do not last that long!
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees fan forced
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar then add vanilla and most of the egg – gradually.
- Add the flour mixture and mix to a stiff consistency.
- Add the remainder of the egg (some milk may be needed if the mix is too dry) and mix to combine.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly. Roll out and cut flower shapes ( I used a cutter but you can do it free hand or just make circle shaped flowers- they taste just as good!) Place a freckle into the center of each one, and press to gently stick
- Transfer flowers to a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly golden
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack
Recipe Flower biscuits
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.