- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
This is a really easy tasty recipe, great for a wintery night and enjoyed by the entire family!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1.25 kg boneless beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 large carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1 small punnet mushrooms
- 3 large celery stalks, cut into chunky pieces
- 600ml tomato passata
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 tsp beef stock powder
Notes... You can also add some frozen peas or beans in the last few minutes if you would like. I believe you could also slow cook this recipe too.
- Mix all ingredients in large heavy saucepan or pressure cooker.
- Cover and bake in an oven for 3 hours, or pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves. I like my sauce a little thicker so I add a mixture of 2 tbsp cornflour and 1/4 cup water to make a paste, stir in and cook over low heat till sauce thickens.
- Serve with pasta or rice and enjoy!
Recipe French Onion Stew
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.