Yummy warm as a dessert with cream or ice cream, but just as good cold with a cuppa !
Ingredients (makes 1 23 cm cake)
- 40 Grams butter, softened
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 4 pears, peeled , cored and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sugar extra
- 20 grams butter extra
- Generously grease a 23cm springform pan with butter. Sprinkle 1/2 the almond meal into the pan and shake around to coat the sides and base
- Combine the eggs and sugar and beat well until combined
- Add the vanilla, milk and flour and mix well to form a thick batter. Stir in pears and pour mixture into prepared pan .
- Mix extra sugar with remaining almond meal and sprinkle over the top of the cake mix. Dot with the extra butter
- Bake in 180 deg.( 160 fan forced) oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. If cake top begins to brown to quickly cover with foil for the remaining cooking time
- cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm with cream or enjoy cold.