This frittata is a great lunch or light dinner, just serve with a crisp green salad!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- oil spray for between the sheets
- 2 cups par boiled/steamed veg - I used brocollini and pumpkin
- 3/4 cup of cooked bacon and onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- cheese, grated for the top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (moderate oven). Brown the bacon and onion and set aside. In a quiche/frittata tin of your choice, oil spray it and line with four sheets of filo - oil spray between each sheet, and lay each layer on the diagonal.
- Spread half the cooled bacon and onion. Scatter the steamed/boiled veg and add the milk and egg mix. Top with remainder of bacon and onion add grated cheese
- Cook in moderate oven for 25 mins and check. If it needs a little more time, go in five minute intervals it will set some more once out of oven, but ensure the egg mix is cooked before serving.