- Makes 12
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
These icy poles are the perfect summer treat to make with the kids – cheap, easy and fun!
Ingredients (makes 12 icy poles)
- 500ml Lychee Juice or any other clear juice
- Handful Berries such as strawberries and blueberries, halved if needed
- Handful Melon such as rockmelon or watermelon, peeled and cut into balls or chunks
- 1 slice Fresh peeled pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 Kiwi fruit, peeled sliced and quartered
- Line up the icy pole moulds (you can get these from K Mart for a very cheap price) then lay out all the fruit on a chopping board.
- Get the kids to choose what fruit they want in each icy pole. They may want to have a bit of everything in each one, or just keep things simple. Either way, make sure when they place the fruit in the moulds that it is pressed against the edges so that the lovely colours can be seen when set. They can add as much or as little as they like (as long as it's not over flowing from the mould).
- Slowly add the juice to the moulds, stopping when it is 2cm from the top.
- Place the sticks in the moulds and freeze to set. Some of the fruit may need to be jigged around to make the sticks fit.
- Once set the icy poles should come away from the moulds without too much hassle but a little warm water may be needed to help loosen them.
Just about any kind of fruit would work for these icy poles so let the kids go crazy! It is best to stick to clear juice so that you can see all that yummy fruit!