- Serves 20
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Such a simple recipe and makes the yummiest cookies.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 240g Unsalted butter
- 300g firmly packed soft brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 350g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line 2 large baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high for 5 minutes until pale. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further minute. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl. Add a pinch of salt, then use a wooden spoon to carefully fold in the flour until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball, then flatten slightly onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Repeat, leaving a fair amount of space between each biscuit to allow for spreading. (You may need to bake the cookies in batches.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (the biscuits should have just started to darken at the edges but will still be a little soft). Remove from the oven and use a palette knife to lift biscuits from trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You can swap out the milk chocolate chips for caramel, dark, or a mixture.