This gingerbread cheesecake is a really decadent dessert and perfect for Christmas Day or for any of those Christmas gatherings that always happen around the festive season.
Also perfect for any time of the year really!
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 1 large cheesecake)
- 1 packet Ginger Snaps or Gingerbread Biscuits
- 2 tins Nestle Top n Fill Caramel
- 500g Cream Cheese
- 2 - 4 tablespoons Ground Ginger
- 2 - 4 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 8 - 10 White Chocolate Melts
- 6 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
- 1/2 cup Thickened Cream
- Place full packet of biscuits into food processor and blitz until the mixture resembles find breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter and add to the biscuit crumbs and blitz for another 10 seconds.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the base of a 20 - 25cm springform pan, flan dish or small individual springform pans. Place into the fridge to chill.
- Place the caramel, cream cheese, cream, ginger (increase or decrease the amount depending on how gingery you want your flavour to be), cinnamon and gelatine powder. Blitz on high for 3 - 5 minutes until you have a lovely smooth consistency and all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours - preferably overnight.
- Melt the white chocolate and pipe gingerbread inspired designs onto the top of your cheesecake. Place back into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Remove from fridge, run a warm cloth around the outside of the springform tin and then remove. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
This recipe is super easy and really, really quick to make. The only long part is the waiting for it to set! If you're expecting super hot weather, add a couple more teaspoons of gelatine ... or consider popping this in the freezer for a few hours before you serve to make it a Semi Freddo instead of cheesecake!