- Serves 8
- 55 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Just because gluten is not your friend, doesn’t mean you can’t get cosy with some chocolatey treats. This Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cake should do the trick!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 100 g butter
- 200 g gluten free dark chocolate, chopped
- 120 g caster sugar (1/2 cup)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 25 g almond meal (1/4 cup)
- 100 g mixed berries
- 35 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Pure Icing Sugar
Notes... Tip 1: The top will probably be cracked. I have made this cake at least 90 times and not once has it come out without a crack. Don’t worry, it adds to the character of the cake. :) Tip 2: I prefer not to keep this in the fridge as it can go quite hard. It is fine to store for a day in a cool place. If you need to store for longer, store in the fridge but remove at least half an hour before serving.Check out the recipeezi Gluten Free App for loads more easy and delicious gluten free recipes. It's free in the App Stores.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line an 18cm spring form tin.
- In a double boiler over medium-high heat, melt the butter, chocolate and sugar. (Or a saucepan part filled with water, then a second saucepan or bowl stacked on top.)
- While the chocolate is melting, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- When chocolate mixture has melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth. Add egg yolks and whisk until completely incorporated, smooth and shiny.
- Stir through a third of the egg whites and then add the almond meal and stir until combined through.
- Finally, gently fold in the remaining egg whites, until incorporated through the mixture. The mix will look a little curdled, which is perfect.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and cook in oven for 45 minutes. This cake is a hard one to check because the skewer should come out dirty and gooey. Test with a skewer two centimetres in from the edge of the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
- When cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Serve topped with berries, toasted almonds and a dusting of icing sugar. A dollop of cream is good too!
Recipe Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.