- Serves 8
- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This 4 ingredient Apple & Date Cake is so easy and my kids love it. Perfect if you have someone with gluten intolerances as this is gluten free.
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 1 20 - 25cm cake)
- 1 large Apple
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celcius (fan forced - add another 10 degrees if not fan forced).
- Roughly core and chop the apple (leave skin on) and the dates and place in a small saucepan with 3 - 4 tablespoons of water and simmer on a low temp with lid on for 5 - 10 minutes until very soft. Please watch the water doesn't boil dry!
- Add the apple/date mix to a food processor and add almond meal and eggs (in this order so that the eggs don't start to cook when they come in contact with the warm apple/date mixture).
- Blitz on med - high for 2 minutes.
- Prepare whatever baking tin you would like to use - I use a 22cm flan dish with removable sides and just spray well with cooking spray.
- Spoon in the mixture and use the back of a spoon to smooth it out a little.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes - rotate at 8-10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
This Gluten Free Apple and Date Cake is a wonderful way to give the whole family a healthful snack or dessert.