- Makes 30
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These Gummy Bear Gum Drop Cookies are such a treat for the kids and fun to make! Forget Jam Drops and go for Gummy Bear Gum Drop Cookies instead
Ingredients (makes 30 Cookies)
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet Haribou Gummy Bears (or similar)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and the vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Take the end of a wooden spoon (or the end of a large permanent market makes the perfect size) and put a generous dent in the centre of the biscuit (but don't go all the way through). Don't forget to space the biscuits out on the trays as this mixture will spread a little.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on baking trays for a few minutes before moving to cool on wire racks.
- The Gum Drop centre for each biscuit will use approx 3 Gummy Bears (depending on the size of your biscuits). It's best to work with only 2 biscuits at a time as the mixture will start to set too quickly otherwise. Pop 6 Gummy Bears in a tiny heatproof bowl (or coffee cup) and heat in microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
- To avoid the gummy mixture setting too quickly you can stand the cup or bowl in a larger bowl of hot water. Spoon or drizzle the mixture into the centre of the biscuits and allow to cool.
Take care when melting the Gummy Bears for the Gum Drop Centres of the biscuits. The bowl will be hot and the molten gummy bears will be hot too. If you children are under 12, it might be best for you to help them with this part of the recipe.How good do these Gummy Bear Gum Drop Cookies look! Perfect for the kids. If your kids like to bake (so much better than sitting on screens) here's a few other recipes they might like to try: