Need a Halloween Recipe or two? Your kids will absolutely love this Halloween Recipe for Turkey Mummies!
These Tiny Turkey Mummies are super easy to make and look so effective. They’re also a refreshing change from all the sugary treats too – give the kids a massive platter of this Halloween Recipe before they head out Trick or Treating and they’ll have some good protein on board.
Add this Halloween Recipe to your favourites – we think the kids would be happy to snack on these any day of the year – not just Halloween.
If you’re looking for the Candy Googly Eyes, we saw them at Woolworths the other day.
Ingredients (serves 20 | makes 20 Tiny Turkey Mummies)
- 500g Ingham's Turkey Mince
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Dried mixed herbs
- 1 packet Puff pastry, cut horizontally into 1 cm strips
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten to coat pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets so they are easier to cut and roll.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Ingham's Turkey Mince, chopped onion, grated carrot, breadcrumbs, herbs and salt. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Lightly beat 1 egg. Fold egg through mince mixture until combined.
- Shape mixture into 20 sausage-like logs, about the same length as your thumb (but a little longer).
- Cut pastry sheets into 1cm strips (horizontally), and then wrap the pastry around the sausage-like mince logs. Use approximately 1-2 strips per mummie log. Lay the mummies on a lined baking tray and repeat until mixture if finished. Brush top of mummie with beaten egg mixture.
- Bake in oven on 200C. Cooking times vary on your oven but aim for approx 18-25 minutes or until golden and cooked all the way through.