- Serves 10
- Makes 20
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
The colours in this easy taste sensation are perfect for festive entertaining.
Haloumi is a semi-hard, salty, and scrumptious cheese, which is fantastic grilled or fried. It is made from a mixture of goat’s and sheep’s milk. We call it the squeaky cheese because it makes a squeak when you cut it. This combination of salty and sweet makes for an amazing fresh flavour sensation and is best served while the cheese is still warm.
Looking for ways to keep your little one entertained? See what mums are saying about Playskool Play, Stow and Go Toys.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 20 )
- 1/4 Watermelon
- 180 g Haloumi
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon mint sauce
- 1 handful mint leaves
- Cut watermelon into 2cm cubes and haloumi into 1cm thick slices in a similar shape to the watermelon.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Toss haloumi slices in oil, then fry cheese for 1 minute each side until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt and mint sauce for the dressing. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Place a square of the haloumi on top of the watermelon cube. Dollop the dressing on the haloumi and top off with a small mint leaf.
Recipe Haloumi and watermelon bites
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.