- Difficulty Easy
“Happy Pie” is the name my son gave this dish. I’m not sure why and neither was he. “It’s just happy.”
This happy pie recipe is easy to make and easy to eat. Slice it into squares for an easy school lunch that will fill them up and give them added benefits. You can also make small ones using a muffin tray.
Happy Pie Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 large cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons of self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 5 tggs
- 1 ½ cups of Tasty cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of sweet paprika
How to make this Happy Pie Recipe:
- Line a pie dish with baking paper and place in your puff pastry make sure you come up the sides so your pie doesn’t run out (I have used a 26cm quiche dish). Score the pastry a little on the base. If you struggle getting a good cooked pastry base in your oven, pop the pastry in for five minutes before putting in the rest of your pie.
- Chop the large florets of Broccoli off and steam or microwave them with a little water for about 4 minutes to soften them. Then chop them smaller so it’s easier for the kids to eat.
- In a bowl use a fork to mix in your eggs, flour, parmesan and paprika. Add the milk and cheese and pour into your dish. Add the broccoli in so it’s all over and then scatter the tomatoes evenly around. The egg and flour batter will rise a little to cover the veggies in baking.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius fan forced.
This happy pie recipe made engouh for three kids’ dinners (with salad). After, I cut the leftovers up into bite sized servings for school lunches the next day. They had a healthy, hearty lunch the next day, filled with broccoli, eggs and cheese and they didn’t even know it! To make this vegan you can even use Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg!