Deliciously healthier winter warmer dessert. I love making this for my family, and I don’t feel guilty serving it to my children. You can substitute the apples, for frozen berries, or pears, or any other of your favorite fruits. It really is an easy dessert to make, and perfect for cold days.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 7 Green Apples
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbls Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbls Cinammon
- 6 scoope Vanilla Ice-cream
- 2 Tbls Vanilla Essence
- Peel, core, and chop the green apples into 2cm cubes. Boil with water on stove until tender, then strain and toss through one tbls of cinnamon.
- Mix together all dry ingredients then add softened butter and the vanilla essence. Mix well till the mixture resembles a crumble.
- Coat a baking dish with butter on all surfaces then place the apples on the bottom with the crumble mixture spread evenly on top.
- Place in oven on 180C for 40min or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.