- Makes 20
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This Healthy Almond Granola Recipe will have you wanting breakfast for every meal and snack in between! Deliciously golden and toasty and filled with crunchy Australian Almonds, a variety of aromatic spices, scoops of seeds and coconut flakes and a lovely sprinkling of dried fruit.
Ingredients (makes 20 Serves)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Barley
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Pepita Seeds
- 1/2 cup Dried Fruit (e.g. apricots, cranberries, dates, sultanas)
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients (except the dried fruit) in a large bowl and mix well to combine. If you would like to sweeten the mixture, you might like to drizzle some honey throughout.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the lined baling tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir the mixture. Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes or until crunchy.
- Remove the tray form the oven. Sprinkle dried fruit throughout the mixture and allow to cool.
- Serve granola with some Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit for a perfectly balanced breakfast.
This recipe was developed by Anna and Alex from The Biting Truth and proudly brought to you by Australian Almonds. Check out Almond and Banana Loaf and Healthy Snickers Bars; two more deliciously healthy and nutritious Australian Almond recipes.