- Makes 14
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
These pancakes serve a family of four for breakfast, or can be made into smaller pikelets and frozen for lunchbox snacks.
Ingredients (makes 14 pancakes)
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) milk
- 75 g (2½ oz) pear, peeled and mashed or grated (use a zester grater)
- 1 red apple peeled, cored and grated (use a zester grater)
- 300 g (9½ oz) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs well, add in milk, pear and apple. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour and mix until there are no lumps.
- Melt butter in non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Ladle in first pancake. Once bubbles form around sides flip pancake and cook other side until golden.
- Continue to cook pancakes with the remaining mixture. Serve with cream and strawberries.