This Healthy Snickers Bars Recipe is about to go to the top of your ‘must make’ list … we guarantee it! Full of nourishing ingredients that, put together, so closely resemble a Snickers Bar you’ll be in heaven.
Ingredients (makes 14 Bars)
- 1 cup Dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 cup Natural Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 tsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Puffs
- 1 cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- For Chocolate Coating:
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey or Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup Almonds, finely crushed
- Place dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, shredded coconut and raw cacao powder in food processor and blitz for approx. 1 minute.
- Add rice puffs, almonds and coconut oil to the food processor and blitz until a paste forms. (Note: you may need to add 1 – 2 tablespoons of hot water to make the mixture more of a paste).
- Using 1 ½ tablespoons of mixture form small log shape pieces and place on to a lined baking tray. Transfer to a fridge or freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate sauce whisk together coconut oil, raw cacao powder, honey and sea salt until smooth.
- Remove bars from fridge/freezer and one at a time dip the bar into the chocolate mixture, turning to ensure the bar is fully coated in chocolate on all sides. Then place onto a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat this process until all balls are covered. Place the bars back into the fridge for 10 minutes. Remove bars from the fridge and repeat the dipping process again so each bar has two coatings of chocolate. Sprinkle bars immediately with finely crushed almonds after you dip them in the chocolate sauce. Place bars back into fridge to set for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Bars are best stored in the fridge and will last there for up to 10 days. You can also place them in the freezer, where they will last for up to one month.
This recipe was developed by Anna and Alex from The Biting Truth and proudly brought to you by Australian Almonds. Check out Almond and Banana Loaf and Healthy Almond Granola; two more deliciously healthy and nutritious Australian Almond recipes.