In a bid to help Australians ‘carbdown’ for summer, Helga’s has recruited fitness expert Sam Wood to develop a 30 day meal and exercise plan featuring Lower Carb breads and wraps. The 30 day plan contains a series of lower carb delicious recipes including this Spicy Mexican Melt lunch dish.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Helga’s Lower Carb Wholemeal wraps
- 100g Canned no added salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 Red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tomato (100g), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cup grated fat reduced tasty cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread half the filling on one side of a wrap, then fold over the other side to enclose filling.
- Place in a preheated sandwich press for 2-3 minutes or until toasted and cheese melts. Cut into 3 triangles.
- Repeat with remaining wrap and filling.