- Serves 12
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Super yummy Black Forest cupcakes are sure to impress!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 3/4 cup Plain flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 80 grams Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 24 Pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- Whipped cream to serve
Notes... I also like to grate a bit of chocolate on the top.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 12 hole cupcake tin.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and half a cup of sugar into large bowl.
- In a separate bowl melt butter, let cool and add together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Make a small well in dry ingredients and add wet mixture, beat on low speed until combined scraping down edges.
- Spoon into tins and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- While cakes are baking, add half the cherries, remaining sugar, brandy and orange juice to a saucepan.
- Bring up to a simmer and remain stirring until liquid is reduced and cherries are swollen, remove from heat.
- Once cakes are baked, remove them from the oven and let cool. Cut a small hole in top of each cake to fit brandied cherry and place brandy cherry inside.
- Spoon some brandy liquid over the cakes. Top with whipped cream and remaining cherries.
Recipe Hidden black forest cupcake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.