- Serves 12
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Super yummy Black Forest cupcakes are sure to impress!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 3/4 cup Plain flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 80 grams Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 24 Pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- Whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 12 hole cupcake tin.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and half a cup of sugar into large bowl.
- In a separate bowl melt butter, let cool and add together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Make a small well in dry ingredients and add wet mixture, beat on low speed until combined scraping down edges.
- Spoon into tins and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- While cakes are baking, add half the cherries, remaining sugar, brandy and orange juice to a saucepan.
- Bring up to a simmer and remain stirring until liquid is reduced and cherries are swollen, remove from heat.
- Once cakes are baked, remove them from the oven and let cool. Cut a small hole in top of each cake to fit brandied cherry and place brandy cherry inside.
- Spoon some brandy liquid over the cakes. Top with whipped cream and remaining cherries.
I also like to grate a bit of chocolate on the top.