- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A great quick and easy recipe to help you get through the cold season.
If you want a vegetarian option, just use the vegetable stock and omit the chicken.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock (chicken is best)
- 1 litre water
- 500g chicken breast (organic is best)
- 1 bunch parsley or corriander (depending on what you like the flavour of)
- 1/4 cup Miren
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large eggs
- Combine the garlic, turmeric, ginger, stock, water and chicken into a large pot.
- Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes over a low heat until chicken is cooked through and flavours have infused into the stock.
- Add mirin, soy sauce, beaten egg and coriander or parsley just before serving.
We always make a big pot of this up when anyone in the house gets a cold.