- Serves 7
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Delicious, healthy immune boosting soup that even the kids would love. The tumeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and the garlic improves immune function. Easy to make and easier to eat!
Ingredients (serves 7)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 500g Chicken breast (replace with extra veggies if vegetarian)
- 1 Cup Red capsicum
- 1 head Broccoli
- 1 Cup Sugar snap peas
- 1 Onion
- 2 tsp Ground tumeric
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 3 tsp Garlic
- 4 Cups Chicken broth/stock (low sodium) (vegetable stock if vegetarian)
- 3/4 Cup Wild rice (optional)
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup Fresh chopped basil
- Drizzle olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Chop up chicken breasts to desired size and cook in pan for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop up capsicum, broccoli, sugar snap peas and onion, add to chicken and stir. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add turmeric, ginger, minced garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and rice and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and then cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and basil and let cook for 3 more minutes. Taste to make sure rice is cooked through then serve.