A healthy take on a hearty favourite!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger (in jar)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- 4 tablespoons Tikka Masala curry paste
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock powder
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 375ml can evaporated light milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- ½ cup (10g) fresh coriander leaves
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and cut onion into quarters then slice.
- Generously spray a non-stick frypan with cooking spray and sauté chicken, ginger and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and toss with chicken cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Coat chicken with Tikka Masala paste then add stock powder and canned tomatoes. Combine well.
- Once boiled, reduce to a slow boil until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix evaporated milk with cornflour and essence.
- Add to pan with coriander leaves and mix well.
- Once sauce has boiled, serve.