- Makes 30
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Coconut cookies become spring nests for Jelly Belly beans.
A darling treat for birthday parties, baby showers or just for fun.
Ingredients (makes 30 Cookies)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg (white only)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 140g Jelly Belly jelly beans (flavours of your choice)
- Heat oven to 190°C. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg white and vanilla extract until well blended. Add flour mixture and milk until blended. Stir in coconut.
- Roll dough into a ball, divide in half. Roll 15 one-inch balls from each half and place on ungreased baking sheet. Make thumb print depression in center of each ball to form nest.
- Bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and place 4 Jelly Belly beans in center of each cookie. Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.