Really fun and quirky way to celebrate Australia Day – or any day! Kids love to help make these and they also love eating them!
Ingredients (makes 8 biscuits)
- 8 Arrowroot biscuits
- 1/4 cup Icing sugar
- 8 White marshmallows, cut in halves
- dribble of Water
- 16 Brown M&M mini's
- 8 small Brown or black jelly beans
- Black food colouring gel
- Desiccated coconut
- Place icing sugar into a small bowl and dribble in a tiny amount of water. Stir to combine. The mixture needs to be smooth and not too runny, it needs to be thick and spreadable. If its too thin, add in more icing sugar. If it is too thick, add a tiny amount more water.
- Once you have the right consistency, add in a small amount of black colouring, and mix to combine. Only using a tiny amount will give you the grey colour you will need
- Working one biscuit at a time, spread a layer of icing on the biscuit, then carefully place 2 halves of marshmallow for ears, M&M's for eyes and a jelly bean for the nose. Lastly sprinkle with coconut.
- Allow 10 minutes to dry, and then serve!
Store in an airtight container for up to a week. This does make 8 biscuits... there is one missing because my nephew who I made these with couldn't wait to try one ;)