- Serves 10
- Makes 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
Layers of Moreton Bay bugs and avocado with lemon mayonnaise and Roma tomato make the perfect entrée for any Christmas lunch.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 servings)
- 15 ALDI Specially Selected Moreton Bay bugs (cooked), removed from shell and cut in half length ways
- 4 avocados
- 1 eschalot cut into a fine dice
- 300ml ALDI Colway Light or Creamy Mayonnaise
- 2 lemons
- 2 handfuls picked rocket and mixed salad leaves (preferably mesclun), coarsely chopped
- 20 Roma tomatoes peeled, seeded and very finely chopped
- ALDI The Olive Tree Extra Virgin Olive Oil to brush the top
- ALDI Stonemill Salt
- ALDI Stonemill Pepper
- 1 bunch basil
- Cut avocados into 1cm chunks and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Add the juice of 1 whole lemon to 300ml mayonnaise.
- Place a third of the chopped avocado inside each ring.
- Mix the bugs with the salad and lemon mayonnaise. Place 3 half bugs on top of the avocado and top up with the diced tomato.
- Brush the top with a little olive oil and squeeze of lemon.
- Serving Suggestion Place ring in middle of the plate and remove the ring gently (if using). Garnish with basil. Equipment 10 x 10cm pastry rings (optional)