- Makes 3
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
When life gives you lemons … make lemon butter !
Ingredients (makes 3 cups)
- 4 Eggs - Beaten
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 120 grams Butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind - grated
- Place beaten eggs and sugar in top of double saucepan. Stir until combined
- Gradually add lemon juice and water-stir
- Add Lemon rind and roughly chopped butter
- Place pan over simmering water
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal
Delicious on toast or as a filling in cup cakes. Easy to make and keeps well in the pantry or the fridge once opened .