- Serves 10
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Lemon Coconut Cake is perhaps one of the most delicious cakes you can have on hand for almost any situation!
Coconut, Butter, Almond Meal and of course loads of lemony zest and juice.
The recipe for this Lemon Coconut Cake ensures the cake stays moist all through cooking and it keeps really well for days – especially if you store it in the refrigerator.
If you’ve tried this recipe – we’d love to hear what you thought. Tell us in the comments below.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
- Lemon zest From 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 125g Melted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 2 tbs Lemon juice (for glaze)
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar (for glaze)
- Lemon zest Lemon zest (for glaze)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line loaf cake tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (apart from the glaze ingredients), and mix well with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth
- Pour the mix into the cake tin, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and the skewer comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if it starts to get too brown but isnt cooked through yet.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin until warm. Remove from the tin and place onto a wire rack.
- While still warm mix all the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.