- Difficulty Easy
This zesty lemon meringue pie recipe is the perfect treat. It’s sure to be an instant family favourite!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Flora Light® margarine
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 egg white
- flour to roll pastry
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 5 level tablespoons custard powder
- ½ cup evaporated light milk
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- To make pastry: In a medium size mixing bowl combine flour and sugar. Melt margarine and add to milk, using a fork beat egg white into milk mixture until combined. Pour into flour and fold together. Place pastry on a well-floured surface and roll out to fit shape of round pie dish (23cm) that has been coated with cooking spray. Roll up pastry using a rolling pin, lift into pie plate. Trim around edges and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- To make filling: In a medium size saucepan heat all ingredients except milk. Using a whisk, blend ingredients together until mixture comes to the boil, whisk in milk. Leave to cool.
- To make meringue: In a medium size mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add in sugar beating well each time until all sugar has been used.
- To assemble pie: Spread lemon filling evenly over prepared pastry base. Spoon meringue mixture on top of filling, spreading to the edge of pie, make peaks with flat of spoon. Bake10-15 minutes or until meringue is browned.
Recipe from Symply Too Good To Be True Book 2