- Serves 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Say hello to Lemon Risotto with Pork and Peas … a lovely light one dish dinner that is rich, fresh and filling! Leftovers are perfect for school lunch (in a thermos) or rolled into little Risotto Balls.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 300g Light Pork Mince
- 2 cups Arborio (Risotto) Rice
- 1 cup Frozen Baby Peas
- 1 med Brown Onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 lemon Zested and Juiced
- 2 tbsp Good quality Butter
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- In one frypan, heat half the olive oil and add a little pinch of salt. Add the onion and garlic and saute/lightly fry for a minute or two. Add the pork mince and fry off until the pork mince is fully cooked through and thoroughy broken into small pieces. Turn the heat off and set aside.
- In a larger frypan or large saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter and add the rice and the zest of the lemon. Stir for a couple of moments until the rice starts to become transparent.
- Add 1/4 of the chicken stock and all the wine and stir continuously until the stock is almost fully absorbed. Repeat this process until all the chicken stock is used - stirring continuously. If you find that the rice is still a little too hard/bitey once all the stock is used, add water until the rice is just soft. Ideally there will be roughly 1 full cup of spare liquid on top of the rice once it is soft. You don't want the rice too soft otherwise it just becomes too gluggy.
- Add the pork mince and the peas to the rice as well as the juice of the lemon and a liberal serve of shaved parmesan cheese and the last tablespoon of butter. Gently stir through.
- Serve the Risotto into individual bowls and season well. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil and a little more parmesan cheese to serve.
Recipe Lemon Risotto with Pork and Peas
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.